Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Wonderland

Today, I holed in. It's been POURING here for hours and I had the whole day to myself. So I lit a fire in the fireplace and putzed - all day. As I roamed the house, my eyes landed on this picture. I was transported back to Michael's first Christmas - the most joyous time of my life. He was 2 1/2 months old. Is there anything more amazing than being a mother for the first time and experiencing THAT depth of emotion? God - I was so in love!








At the begging of my children this weekend, I pulled all the Christmas 'stuff" out of the basement and "did it up". Obviously -- I do love a good snowman. These guys (and gals) live on the piano for the month. My fav? The little homemade rockstar with the aqua hat! Of course!


















































































And these little ladies? Aren't they sweet? My hubby's Uncle Bill gave them to me. They send me back to the 1950s! I'm not sure why but they just remind me of that era of Bing Crosby and Dean Martin and all those Christmas movies and Christmas songs of old. I wonder how old they actually are...












































































I guess I like deer too. And Santas.

So that was my day. I floated through my own personal wonderland for a few hours, adjusted a snowman here, re-hung an ornament there. Cut some of my luscious holly and threw it in - yet another snowman. Arranged some candles...Yea - it was a nice day.

You know what? Christmas is ok. Lots of joy to be caught...cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment