Thursday, June 3, 2010

And the Livin' is Easy

It's hard to believe that it's June 3rd today. There are only 9 full days and 2 half days of school left. How can that beeeeeeee? Where did May go? I believe this past May was the fastest month of my life. I mean - seriously. I swear it was just May 1st and I was coming in from a mere 5 mile early morning run and my husband was holding up a sign that read "Say RABBIT". Wasn't that just last Saturday??? And btw - I say "mere 5 mile" run because last Saturday, we ran ELEVEN miles and this Saturday, we run TWELVE. Talk about fast!! Those required training miles sure came fast. Not that the runs themselves were very fast - haaaa - but yikes! The race is in 24 days!

Footnote: "Say RABBIT"? Who doesn't get that? I was telling a few different people about that sign and they had no idea what I was talking about. Don't you know the first word out of your mouth on the first day of every month is supposed to be "rabbit" so you have good luck all month long? I thought everyone knew that!!

But anyway - I expect June to fly as well but could it possibly go as fast as May? I hope this isn't the beginning of the end!! You know how old people are always saying, "time goes so much faster, the older you get"? Ooops - is that what's happening here? Am I saying that?

So it's June and we are finally opening the pool and I am actually working on my gardens and my flower containers. Check this out. I'm really liking this container I put together:















And my hammock is ready for those long hot days of yearning for laying around, relaxing, napping...POP!!! Whoa - that daydream disappeared fast...













No actually, my summer will probably look more like this!



Give me strength!

But there will be joy. The completion of my first 1/2 marathon in over 12 years with Robin and Laurel, a week on the vineyard with my family, reuniting with loved ones, including a weekend college reunion of sistas at the Jonathan Edwards Winery to see - who else - Jonathan Edwards! Long sunny days at the beach - Hammonassett AND Watch Hill - a day in Block Island bike riding with Nancy and Lauren, a Yankee game or two, oh oh, did I tell you?? I'm running a race at Yankee stadium with my family - INSIDE the stadium - in August!!! So lots of joy to catch this summer! God I hope it doesn't go as fast as May!

No comments:

Post a Comment