Saturday, October 16, 2010

YANKEE FEVER!!!!!


I can not possibly let this day go by without sharing my Yankee joy. You may or may not know this, but I am a rabid Yankee fan as is my husband and my Michael and the little ones are total Yankee fans in training. I also share this passion with many friends. This is not to say that I do not have friends who are poor, desperate diehard Red Sox fans, because I do. But my Yankee friends KNOW joy!!!

Last night, I caught AMAZING joy. It's game 1 of the ALCS, Yankees down 5-1 against Texas, top of the 8th and BAM, we rock the house and take the game 6-5. Mariano Rivera? You are my hero and I love you.

The Yankees are the consummate professionals. They never panic and they NEVER give up. These are the lesson we want our children to learn in their game playing journey through their childhood and hopefully take with them onto their career paths. My hope is that, they too, recognize joy when it flies by. What better place to start then with my awesome NY Yankees!

Let's rock this series, my beloved boys of summer and move on to the Fall Classic. You have played 40 of the 105 World Series and won 27. I am ready, once again to catch some more Mr. November joy and number 28! GO YANKS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment