Thursday, April 8, 2010

Early Spontaneous Joy!

Caught some joy today! It was my early morning - up at 4:30, in the gym training by 5:15. I've already put in at least 3 hours before most of you have even gotten to work. Trust me - that's not the joy part. But - I have to say, when I walk into the gym at that ungodly hour and I see ALL my clients? When I know they have not only risen that early, but got into their cars and drove to my gym because they trust me to work the crap out of them and send them out into their day feeling like a million bucks (and looking pretty darn good too!!)? How can I not be so proud of them??? And that does bring me joy. I am sooooooo grateful, as well.

So I start training at 5:15AM and finish up at 10 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's very dark until about 6:15 or 6:30AM this time of year and I'm so wrapped up in building goddess bodies that I rarely look out the windows. Today was no different until I heard the tinkling laughter of children and I looked out - it was about 7:50 - and I see a beautiful bright and sunny day with sparkling blue skies.

It was immediate, spontaneous joy that came to me when I spotted my kids and their friend Tiffany having a BLAST blowing bubbles. There were hundreds of bubbles floating through the air (even right up to the second story where I was standing) and the kids were just completely absorbed in the moment. It's not even 8AM and the kids were being kids - not a care in the world. I called the whole class over to the windows so they too could witness the joy the kids were experiencing. I swear, for one second, we were all reminded of the infinite grace and perfection that always embraces us. Could it get any simpler than that?

PS - Isn't that a cool picture??? That is my oldest son, Michael when he was about 7 months old. SO in love with my Michael.

1 comment: