I received a blog award the other day! Is that exciting or what?!! I mean it DID come from someone I know but I'm still excited! Afterall, just this morning she told me she didn't like the color I painted my bathroom! So it's not like she gave it to me to be nice!!! (At least that's how Joey sees it!!)
Anyway, thank you Karen! I totally respect your opinion so I am very flattered. (Even if you don't like my bathrooom color!!!) As you know, one of the rules for accepting the award is that you must award it to 5 other bloggers. Just so you know - your blog is the first that I would award it to but since you have already received it from another blogger, I will choose 5 other bloggers under protest!
So, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
I have already thanked Karen who's blog I love, called This Old House. As for the 7 things about yourself, hmmmm...
1. I am a rabid reader;
2. Because I love the name Michael, the deal I cut with my husband when I finally agreed to have children (at 42!)was that if it was a boy he had to be named Michael;
3. I drove nothing but Saabs from 1984 - 2007. Now I drive the dreaded mini-van...sniff;
4. I ran the Marine Corp. Marathon in 1996;
5. My friend Pam and I have been best friends for 47 years. We met in 1963 and still live 1 mile from each other as we did in childhood;
6. In 1979, Hulk Hogan "stalked" me for a date for weeks;
7. When I was 27, I dated a guy who went on trial 3 years previous - for killing his wife.
Lastly, I needed to choose 5 Bloggers I recently discovered and think are fantastic. The criteria I used was that the 5 blogs had to be ones that I went to everyday to check if they had a new blog post. There are some blogs I love that I know post only once a week or less so I didn't include them. Here are the 5 Bloggers I am awarding a Beautiful Blogger to and thank you all for the bit of joy I catch each time I read your posts:
1. The Fitnessista
2. Skwigg Blog
3. Choosing Raw
4. Fine Little Love
5. Diary of a Yummy Mummy
One last thing - I love the way my friend Laura writes on her very informative blog Bamboo Balance. Even though she did not fall into the criteria I selected when I decided on my awards, she's getting one too! Be sure to check her out.