Saturday, August 6, 2011

7 Days!!!

Day 7 of It Only Takes 21 Days To Create a Habit

1.  Picture JOY!  See above header made from a pic sent to me this morning.  I LOVE this pic!  Ahhhh - the wonder years...♥♥♥
2.  Daisy JOY.  One year ago today, my son Michael and I went to North Canaan, CT and picked up Daisy from a pet adoption set up by Companion Pet Rescue.  It has been a year of hell learning curves, having a puppy in the midst of the chaos of the three little pigs, running 3 businesses, 2 pain in the ass unruly cats and a kitchen fire we are still recovering from.  But all in all, she has captured all five of our hearts.♥♥♥ (even if we DO have to rip up the carpet in the family room due to a year of challenging potty training...)
3.  Brooke and I went out to breakfast the other day.  We were led to our booth - I was in front, Brooke was following me.  I sat down and was waiting for Brooke to sit across from me.  Instead, she sits beside me on the same side of the table.  "Brookie, how come you're sitting next to me instead of across from me?"
"Because I want to be next to you."  JOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
I am not dumb enough to think that it will always be like this between she and I.  In addition, my baby girl is feisty, independent and has never been all that affectionate.  Moments like these are far and few and sometimes I really need to look for them amongst the chaos of our lives.  A moment this clear is such a gift.

See y'all tomorrow!








1 comment: