Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cooking, Memory Loss and Flowers

Day 5 of It Only Takes 21 Days To Create a Habit


1.  I definitely caught JOY from cooking these past two days.  I made a nostalgic recipe that transported me back to my childhood..  Every summer for as long as I can remember, my mother made fried zucchini blossoms.  Yesterday I made a whole batch and they tasted JUST like hers.  Sooooo psyched.  Interestingly enough, this is what my 22 year old niece texted me at the beginning of the summer.





So, I was in Bishop's Orchards Saturday and low and behold, what do my wandering (supposed to be wondering - I KNOW!) should appear?  A whole BOX of squash flowers!  I scooped that baby up and then found a simple recipe that seemed exactly like my mother's and VOILA.  Called Erin right up and had a nice visit while she mmmmmm'd over a plate of them!  Fritter JOY!
2.  So yesterday, I had the 3 little pigs with me and I went to the bank to make a deposit at the drive-in window.  I forgot I wanted to also stop at the ATM for some $$$.  So I am driving out of the bank and heading down the street when I remember I forgot to go to the ATM.  "Damnnnnnn - I forgot to go to the bank!"  My daughter looks at me with complete and utter dis-belief (as we just left the bank...), starts laughing HYSTERICALLY at me and yells, "Mommmm, we just went to the bank!  Did you forget you went alREADY???  What do you have?  Short term memory loss???" I was in stitches.  I mean -  it did sound like I had lost my mind...
And ummm - about that short term memory loss?  Yeaa-aaaaa  I do actually...Totally caught spontaneous laughter JOY!
3.  I took my camera for a walk in my gardens yesterday.  Feast on my JOY.







This pink petunia is my favorite.

The end.

  





1 comment:

  1. Look at you just blogging like crazy. I like the last photo too.

    ReplyDelete