Monday, August 1, 2011

The Garden, Oz and Bavarian Chocolate

Day 2 of It Only Takes 21 Days To Create a Habit (posting 3 JOYS a day)

1.  Weeding Gardening at 7:30am before the sun AND the three little pigs are up.  It's productive, it's peaceful and it gives me an extended moment of JOY.

2.  Yesterday was my daughter's last performance as a Munchkin in our community theater's summer production, The Wizard of Oz.  Every performance I asked her if she got nervous before going on stage and every time I asked she said an emphatic "NO".  Fact is, she is never nervous - not before her skating performances OR her piano recitals.  During yesterday's performance, I was in the lobby selling flowers as my voluntary obligation to the community theater.  Last night she said, "Mom!  I was so nervous before I got on stage today!  I was sweating!"  "Why?  You weren't before any other performance."  "Because you weren't in the audience watching me and I had no one to smile at."   Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.  Was it wrong that I caught JOY over that?!

3.  Eating a cup of Bavarian Chocolate Cake ice cream at the local Dari Serv on a hot Sunday night with 2 of the 3 little pigs.  Luscious JOY!  

1 comment: