Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Talk About a Recovery!

Day 11 of It Only Takes 21 Days To Create a Habit

So - Day 10?  Not such a hot day.  While some would disagree with me...(you know who you are - Carleen) I found no little JOY on Day 10.  Now Day ELEVEN!  Well, listen up.

1.  The first true JOY of my day was my own brewed iced coffees (courtesy of Zen Roasters Samutra coffee) by my pool, with my dear and beloved friend Diane.  We had not visited since late June and catching up was soothing to my soul and filled with laughs and tears both.  I love you, Diane!!!♥♥♥

2.  Then!!  Can you say Uptown Consignment????????  My new favorite storeeeeeee.  Apparently, it is an upscale consignment shop with designer label clothes, et al.  (Also handbags, accessories, home goods, jewelry, etc)  Last night's 5:30pm strength class turned me onto to Uptown.  Am I the only woman in CT who doesn't know about this shop?    Even my 10 and 11 year old boys loved it and could not stop talking about what a great store it was.  I wonder if they realize the prices are so great because they are "not new" tee shirts they bought?  For $48 I purchased 4 veryyyy cool boys tee shirts, 2 tops and 3 sundresses - Banana Republic, Michael Kors, Old Navy and Ann Taylor.  Now - mind you...I could care LESS about designer labels in my clothes.  But I thought maybe you'd be interested!  LOL!! JOYJOY!

3.  On the way home from my afternoon jaunt to the rink and my new 2011 find, my favorite radio talk show of all time came on - The Faith Middleton Show's Food Schmooze.  The mouth watering began and I ended up stopping at the grocery store to pick up a loaf of Ciabetta bread and some fish so I could make Po' Boys from the Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook.  YUMMMMMMMMMJOY!♥♥♥

Not bad after yesterday!  And, in exactly 3 days?  I'll be sitting on my deck on Block Island with a Tank and Tonic (with extra lime!) in my very tanned hand - ESCAPING.  Happy Wednesday night!



No comments:

Post a Comment