Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Biking, Eye Feast and Books!

Day 4 of It Only Takes 21 Days To Create a Habit (posting 3 JOYS a day)


1.  Went for a 25 mile bike ride and it was heaven.  The weather was perfect.  The muscles were pumping like a machine and the company was my biking partner Robin, which means there's always great conversation.  2 hour JOY!
2.  I picked  a bouquet of flowers to give to my daughter after her 2nd performance in The Wizard of Oz this past weekend.  It still looks beautiful.  Love flower JOY!
3.  I am compiling my list of books to bring on vacation with me as I spend most of my time in my beach chair with my nose in a book.  Every time I get a title from someone I KNOW shares my passion for a good book, I totally catch JOY.  Here's the list to date:


1. Sing You Home - Jodi Picoult (I have stopped reading her but changed my mind on this)
2. Don't Blink - James Patterson
3.  Born To Run - Christopher McDougall
4.  I am Charlotte Simmons - Tom Wolfe
5.  A Stolen Life - Jaycee Dugard (I already started this and I am completely paralyzed with horror.  Not sure I can finish but I plan to)
6.  Unbroken - Laura Hillenbrand (started it in December, liked it but for some odd reason didn't follow thru on it)
7.  The Emperor's Children -Claire Messud
8.  Killer Move - Michael Marshall
9.  Maine - J. Courtney Sullivan
10. Overkill - Eugenia Lovett West
11.  Untold Story - Monica Ali
So I will bring them all with me and let you know how I did.  9 times out of 10 I will read most of them!


That's all for today folks!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's quite the list of books. How many months is your vacation? 25 mile ride. I drive in the car 25 miles I'm stiff. Gotta hand it to you.

    ReplyDelete