Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Joy Seeking Day

Day 3 of It Only Takes 21 Days To Create a Habit


Tick Tock - the clock is ticking.  "They" will be back in school in 8 days.  It's been a longggggg haul.  Don't get me wrong, I love my 3 little pigs.  But I am NOT cut out for one on one for 40-50 straight days.  I admit it freely.  I like my free time.  I WANT my free time.  I am GETTING my free time!!!!!  In 8 days!!!  The thought is JOYful!  


Onto Day 3 of 21 days of posting 3 JOYS...


1)  Well - I had to go out and seek some JOY tonight so I took my camera and the 3 little pigs down to Hammonasset just before sunset.  On the way, I swung by our friend's house and picked up their 2 rugrats and here's what we got.




I'm KIDDING!!!!!  I didn't take that picture!  Haaaaa.  Joke JOY!









Sunset JOY!


2)  On the way home from the skating rink, school supply shopping, Uptown Consignments etc.etc.etc I took the 3 little pigs to Durham Dari Serv this afternoon for dinner.  Can I just tell you that Durham Dari Serv has THE best ice cream?!


  
I am hooked on their Thin Mint Cookie ice cream and their Fresh Peach.  Today it was the Thin Mint.  It's unbelievable.  Creamy, minty green ice cream with not only crushed up thin mints mixed in but also these like, balls of mint cookie coated in chocolate (think malted milk balls) generously folded into every bite.  It's INSANE!  Total ice cream JOY!


3)  I have not lifted a weight in 12 days.  Today, I had 2 girlfriends in and we hit the iron. 


It felt so good to be lifting again.  And the blab?!  Best part!!!!  Girlfriend JOY!


See you on only 7 more days day 4!



No comments:

Post a Comment